Definitions of memory on the Web:
- something that is remembered; “search as he would, the memory was lost”
- the cognitive processes whereby past experience is remembered; “he can do it from memory”; “he enjoyed remembering his father”
- the power of retaining and recalling past experience; “he had a good memory when he was younger”
- an electronic memory device; “a memory and the CPU form the central part of a computer to which peripherals are attached”
- the area of cognitive psychology that studies memory processes; “he taught a graduate course on learning and memory”
- In psychology, memory is an organism’s ability to store, retain, and recall information. Traditional studies of memory began in the fields of philosophy, including techniques of artificially enhancing the memory. …
- Ruk Jung (รักจัง, English title The Memory, literal translation, “jungle love”) is a 2006 Thai romantic-comedy film directed by Haeman Chatemee and starring “Film” Ratchaphoom Tokongsup and Paula Taylor.
- Computer data storage, often called storage or memory, refers to computer components, devices, and recording media that retain digital data used for computing for some interval of time. …
- Concentration, also known as Memory, Pelmanism, Shinkei-suijaku, Pexeso or simply Pairs, is a card game in which all of the cards are laid face down on a surface and two cards are flipped face up over each turn. The object of the game is to turn over pairs of matching cards. …
- “Memory” is a show tune from the 1981 Andrew Lloyd Webber musical Cats sung by the character Grizabella, a one-time glamour cat who is now a shell of her former self. The song is a nostalgic remembrance of her glorious past and a declaration of her wishes to start a new life. …
- A data storage device is a device for recording (storing) information (data). Recording can be done using virtually any form of energy, spanning from manual muscle power in handwriting, to acoustic vibrations in phonographic recording, to electromagnetic energy modulating magnetic tape and …
- Memory (also billed as mem-(o)-re and Memore) is a 2006 American techno-thriller film written by Bennett Joshua Davlin, and starring Billy Zane, Tricia Helfer and Terry Chen.
- Memory (first title A World Called Maanerek) is a science fiction story by Poul Anderson, first published in 1957.
- “Memory” is a flash fiction short story by American horror and science fiction writer H. P. Lovecraft, written in 1919 and published in May 1923 in The National Amateur.
- “Memory” is a short story by Stephen King that was originally published in the “summer reading” issue of Tin House magazine (#28) in July of 2006. It is now confirmed to be similar to the first chapter of Duma Key. It was republished as an annex to Richard Bachman’s latest novel Blaze.