Definitions of power on the Web:
- possession of controlling influence; “the deterrent power of nuclear weapons”; “the power of his love saved her”; “his powerfulness was concealed by a gentle facade”
- (physics) the rate of doing work; measured in watts (= joules/second)
- ability: possession of the qualities (especially mental qualities) required to do something or get something done; “danger heightened his powers of discrimination”
- office: (of a government or government official) holding an office means being in power; “being in office already gives a candidate a great advantage”; “during his first year in office”; “during his first year in power”; “the power of the president”
- one possessing or exercising power or influence or authority; “the mysterious presence of an evil power”; “may the force be with you”; “the forces of evil”
- exponent: a mathematical notation indicating the number of times a quantity is multiplied by itself
- might: physical strength
- world power: a state powerful enough to influence events throughout the world
- supply the force or power for the functioning of; “The gasoline powers the engines”
- baron: a very wealthy or powerful businessman; “an oil baron”
- POWER is a RISC instruction set architecture (ISA) developed by IBM. The name is an acronym for Performance Optimization With Enhanced RISC.
- Girl Got Game (originally published in Japan as Power!!) is a manga series written and illustrated by Shizuru Seino. Originally serialized in Bessatsu Friend from 1999 until 2002, the individual chapters were collected and published in ten tankōbon volumes by Kodansha. …
- Power! (known as Critical Mass in Europe) is a computer game developed by Accolade in 1985 for the Amstrad CPC, Commodore 64 and ZX Spectrum.
- In physics, power is the rate at which work is performed or energy is converted.